Welcome to our Nursery!
We have a highly successful Nursery here at Greenacres Primary Academy.
Our Nursery Ethos and Values
We believe in an inclusive education where all our Nursery children are nurtured, valued and encouraged to love learning.
- We believe all children should feel safe and secure to grow into confident, independent learners who are not afraid to make a mistake or take a risk.
- We know that children learn best when they are excited by and engaged in their learning. We teach our children the skills they need through an inspiring, creative curriculum that dares to be different.
We can do this because
- We provide a committed staff team who offer high quality teaching and inspiring learning environments drawing on a wealth of knowledge, strengths and skills.
- We value achievement and strive to ensure each nursery-aged child is appropriately challenged and reaches their full potential.
- We empower our little ones to become responsible citizens in our diverse community.
- We know that working together as a team – staff, parents, governors, the local and wider community, enables us to meet the needs of all of our children.
Admissions to Nursery
If you are interested in securing a place for your child in our Nursery, here is some useful information to help you.
- We offer both part time and full time places.
- Part time places are 8.45-11.45 and 12.15-3.15. You can choose which suits you and your child.
- We offer full time places, even if you aren't eligible for the free 30hrs.
- This currently costs £12.50 a day (or £62.50 a week). This can be paid weekly or termly. Full time children can have a meal at an extra cost of £2.10 per day (£10.50 per week). To see what we offer for lunch, please go to General Information- School Dinners- School Dinners Menu.
- Follow the link to find out of you are eligible for a free full time nursery place:
- Follow the link for information about the free 15 hrs:
We are holding an Open Day in January 2020. If you would like to visit our school and meet our Nursery teacher please pop along at a time suitable for you. You are more than welcome to bring your child with you. We will advertise this closer to the time.
How do I apply for a place?
How do I apply for a place?
You can apply for a place by coming to the school office and filling out a form. We also need to see the child's birth certificate (we'll take a copy and then hand it back). Children can start the term after they turn three (as long as they are not in nappies). Even if a child isn't of Nursery age, we will still take all of their information, put them on a waiting list and contact you nearer the time. We look forward to hearing from you!
Look at the exciting things your child could be learning...